Monday, July 5, 2010

Independance Day Fourth and Fifth

Happy Birthday America, today is your day! 234 year ago we became a nation, new, fresh, with trials and tribulations. You know what we are still full of trials and tribulations.
But I think that while we are alive and here troubles follow.
I had the occasion to feel like I was going back in time, Saturday Night my niece and I listened to a broadcast of a baseball game. I could almost picture us around the big RCA radio, hearing the play-by-plays and hoping for our team to win. (It didn't)And our Big RCA radio was the computer as we listened to Teamline of the Cooperstown Hawkeyes who were playing Amsterdam. The got whupped!! 20-3. But what I found interesting is that I could picture the boys as they called out their names, who was where, doing what (or not doing, to our dismay LOL) I had those pictures in my head. I think we need to go back to the old-time radio, listen to the shows, use our imagination. It was fun, only made more so by the fact that Amanda and I were sharing something, nice and safe and fun!!
There will come a time when she won't want to spend as much time with me, even though I AM the coolest Aunt in the world! But alas poor Yorick there will come a day when it will happen.
As of this summer, I am not a fringe dweller, routing for a baseball team, over zealous clapping and shouting, puts me right out there. I know most games you wouldn't notice someone cheering, but when only a hand full of people, under 500 show I kind of stick out. I just want to let the boys know someone is alive and caring to what they are doing for us, this is my summer entertainment! And I am loving every minute!
So I spent my fourth of July watching America's pastime, at historic Doubleday Field with my favorite person in the whole world. Life is good!
So take that fringe, I will see you in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment