Sunday, May 26, 2013

Slacking at the fringe...well maybe not really

Well the last post was January 4th.  Many things have happened, my dear friend Debbie who was so sick and at the time of the last writing, still at home..  Shortly she would go to the hospital and would never make it back there.  She had two surgeries and a brief stint in re-hab.  She went back to the hospital in early February and was on ICU until her death on March 11th.  I spent most days with her.  I was blessed to have known her, and still grieve to this day.  But it also changed my life as I was now out of a job.  The two companies I worked for had no clients, maybe the hint of one but short term and not enough to make a paycheck.  I applied places and got a job at a gas/convenience store as Assistant Manager.  2/10ths of a mile from home.  It works.  But I am still adjusting to the new brain-work and standing on concrete for 10 plus hours a day.  I am not as young as I once was.  Well, it is different.

I see and meet people and some are cute.  It makes me realize all over again, I am alone.

Pity party central has reared its ugly head.  I try for the most part but still I hope and then hopes are dashed, what am I the fringe dweller thinking?  PPC all over again!!  LOL.

I posted this today on facebook as I was reminded of a couple who were in love and facing death.  They touched my life, not sure why but I have thought of them from time to time.

I was reminded today as I was breathing in the scent of lilacs from my neighbors bushes of a lady who was dying from cancer when I worked at the hospital.  I worked in dietary and would visit her everyday and try to interest her in some kind of food.  Not really my job per say but..there you go.  I became friendly with her husband, who was so very sad and needed a friend.  Well, I learned her favorite flower was the lilac.  We had lilacs and I picked her some and took her a bouquet.  She was so sick, but her husband had told me how touched they both were.  She passed shortly after that, and I never saw him again, but I always think of them when I smell lilacs.  Life is such a unique thing, how memories can be recalled just from a scent of flowers, food cooking or a perfume.  Feeling melancholic today, just wanted to share.  Thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Wright for touching my life, God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment