Saturday, February 8, 2014

Snow day's, birthday's and cold day's

I loved the snow day it was fun.  Thursday brought my youngest brother his Fiftieth birthday, a half century, when i called him he asked me if I would ever forgive him...a joke that he had said about Auntie Wanda when she turned sixty.  I told him I would, but just barely.  LOL  He was spending his birthday dinner with pizza, a sick wife and the opening of the Olympics, he was watching snowboarding.  I guess when you reach the half century mark, that is pretty exciting. 
As for the cold days, it was 4 above zero here this morning.  I hate the cold more than the snow.  At least the snow adds some insulation, but the cold weather just takes it toll.  I feel sorry for my dogs and the outside cats, mu dogs just do not want to go out, O force them , but we don't get far.  they are getting so restless.  Though if you were to see what I do as I turned around they are both sound asleep, Crane curled in the chair and Saki nose deep in the sofa.  Too cute.  The cats are all hovering around the air ducts, Doofie tends to take up the whole area and warm cat whose fur smells like its burning isn't pleasant.  Grace and Matthew and P.O.T.O. loved laying on the radiators at home, you know the old fashioned water filled ones, man they got hot, I used to sit on them in the winter too.
 I miss those radiators, the oil filled free standing ones are just not the same, you can't put your mittens on them.  One of these weekends, I am going to start the pellet stove, that will do it!!!

Well off to tackle the kitchen which I didn't do the other day, wish me luck getting my butt off the chair. 

I am going to church tomorrow, I need to, I need to find some peace, I am going to hope God can fix me. 
From the cold and sunny fringe,
Susan the sad but hopeful

No comments:

Post a Comment