Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The most beloved of all days...SNOW DAY!!!

Our first snow day of the school year, didn't think it was going to happen.  I got up at my usual time albeit not out of bed, I listened to my book.  We were supposed to get a call, but I had to find out the old fashioned way, I went to WKTV online and there it was bold as day..Cooperstown Central School....closed!!!  I still love that feeling. 

So my bonus day off I made coffee, I went out to walk the dogs and my neighbor boys wanted to shovel..the same boys who hardly ever speak unless they want something.  I told him so and that I would do it myself..go me for not caving. 

I shoveled, then came in and warmed my toes, drank my coffee, ate my bowl of healthy cereal and played a bit on the computer..it was 8:34.  I texted with my sister and brother and at 9:57 I went back out and shoveled the end of the drive as I had heard the snow plow go by.  I went to my neighbor Vickie and did her end and neighbor Mike and Pete's and then neighbor Jane Ann too, a tad more for hers as I don't think she is home and it was deep.  next time I go out to shovel mine I will go further up her driveway.  She does have a snowblower but if we get all we are supposed to it will be too much, and I am liking the exercise. 

Well, I am off to find something wlse to do, I think I will make lunch and then work on the kitchen.  I want to rearrange the cupboards.  It doesn't flow well. 

From a very snowy fringe,
Susan the sad but encouraged

No comments:

Post a Comment